Hallowe’en At Tribble Towers

I hope that everybody – children and adults alike – enjoyed last nights’ spooky shenanigans.

I don’t generally take part, but this year I decided to jump in with both feet and dress up. Here’s how I did it:

Hair full of flour to create dusty effect

A paste made from flour and water to create pallour and flaking dead “skin”

Shoe polish to create a hollow look to the cheeks, make hands look as though they’d clawed through soil

Mascara around the eyes and mouth

A slash of bright lipstick to create “split” mouth

One pirate costume from Asda

The result: One Zombie Pirate Lass!

Tonight we shall have our seasonal Samhain meal and I shall spend some time contemplating on my ancestors and missed loved ones.

About The Hairy Housewife

This entry was posted in Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life, Cosmetics, Geekiness, Humour. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Hallowe’en At Tribble Towers

1. fpdorchak says:

Cool, Zombie Pirate Lass! Ahoy!

I had fun with Hallowe’en this month posting my Hallowe’enie posts. Been wanting to do that for a couple years, and finally got to do it. yes, it was was great. Now that I’ve taped several mummy movies, I’ll have to watch them….

• Missus Tribble says:

had so much fun putting this together! One of the neighbours came by with his son and a neighbour’s kids, saw me through the porch window before I opened the door and burst out laughing! I opened the door with a big grin and got “Trick or – EEEK”! The Dad laughed even harder and said he’d known that one of them would squeal!

I wonder if I can get Capt. Jane Sparrow invited to any parties next year? :)

2. you look truly terrifying :) We didn’t take part – I loathe Halloween because I’ve a dog who gets very upset by all the activity/fireworks. Love that you celebrate Samhain, I’m Irish so I’ve always had a special place in my heart for the celtic new year

• Missus Tribble says:

Thanks! Because I like to entertain the kids on 31st we spend Nov 1st with my ceremonial meal (I’m Wicca, he’s not but indulges me) and I spend quiet time thinking about my ancestors and my lost loved ones. My Robin turned up this morning and so I know this is the right day for it :)

3. Well done! Very scary looking!

• Missus Tribble says:

The kids adored it… one actually screamed when I answered the door and his Dad was in fits of giggles.

I’m definitely doing it again next year!

4. littlesundog says:

Love, love, LOVE the costume!!

5. The Heretic says:

I know this is late, but I couldn’t resist.